The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) gave the figure via it’s website on Tuesday morning.
The centre said the recent surge in infections was driven by the spread of the Delta variant in the country.
It added that the infections disease were recorded in 13 states.
The agency noted that Rivers State reported the highest infections of the day with 164 new cases, followed by Lagos (139), Edo (61), Bayelsa (20).
Others include; Oyo (14), Plateau (seven), Ogun (six), Anambra (four), Benue (four), Enugu (two), Cross river (one), Kaduna (one).
The News Agency Of Nigeria (NAN),reports that the 460 fresh cases reported on Monday is an increase from the 362 cases posted on Sunday.
It said that the number of the country’s active coronavirus infections increased from 10, 606 on Sunday to 10,858 on Monday.
It added that 178,492 COVID-19 patients have recovered and have been discharged.
The NCDC also said it recorded one COVID-19-related death, bringing the total fatalities to 2,455.
The centre said a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre, activated at Level II, had continued to coordinate the national response activities.
The NCDC also said that 2.7 million people have been tested for the virus out of the nation’s roughly 200 million population.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Federal Government launched the second phase of the COVID-19 vaccination on Aug. 16 in Abuja, a continuous effort towards curbing the spread of the disease in the country.
The Government has advised citizens to go to the various vaccination centres to take the first jab of the Moderna vaccine, as well as the second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
It has also encouraged Nigerians to continue to adhere to the Non-Pharmaceuticals Interventions (NPIs), put in place to curb the spread of the disease – even after taking the vaccine – until the nation attains herd immunity.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion