The Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Hajiya Khadija Abba-Ibrahim, has said that Nigeria will soon stop the importation of wheat from Russia. .
Abba-Ibrahim, represented by Amb. Baba Garba, Director, European Affairs in the ministry, made the disclosure at the end of the fourth Joint Commission meeting between Russia and Nigeria in Abuja on Friday.
“We import a lot of wheat from Russia and we are telling Russia that this has to stop.
“We want the Russian companies and farmers to come to Nigeria to show us how we can grow our agriculture sector with modern technology,” the minister said.
The Russian delegation was led by Mr Dianov Alexandar Yurievich, Deputy Head, Russian Delegation in Nigeria.
Abba-Ibrahim said the meeting was to foster the existing relationship between the two countries and noted that Nigeria and Russia had enjoyed cordial relations over time.
“Russia has always been in support of Nigeria at different international fora, it has been in support of Nigeria in the area of fighting terrorism,” she said.
Abba-Ibrahim said the meeting considered various areas of cooperation, including solid minerals, atomic energy, trade, power, works and housing, transport, petroleum, communication, water resources, defence, agriculture and health.
She said Russian companies expressed interest in investing in some areas of the Nigerian economy, especially in pursuing the diversification of the economy through mining, agriculture, among others.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo