The Nigeria Correctional Service (NCoS) says it is not recruiting currently and cautioned the public against falling into the hands of fraudsters.
Mr Francis Enobore, the Public Relations Officer of the service, said this in a statement made available to the Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday, in Abuja.
Enobore said the clarification became necessary, following desperate efforts by fraudsters to scam unsuspecting job seekers or their sponsors.
He said, “it has come to the notice of the management of NCoS that some unscrupulous elements are scamming unsuspected members of the public by purporting to be conducting recruitment exercise on its behalf.
“The Service wishes to categorically state that there is no recruitment exercise currently ongoing and that no agent(s), syndicate(s) or private individuals, have been engaged to carry out recruitment exercise on its behalf.
“Recruitment into the Service, when vacancy exists, is usually advertised for qualified candidates to indicate their interest online.
“The exercise is always free and does not involve any financial inducement,” he said.
Enobore advised members of the public to disregard entreaties from such groups or individuals, whose interest it was to defraud unsuspecting individuals. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements