English premier league club, Chelsea Football Club has revealed that it earned earned £20m last season as part of the deal that saw Eden Hazard move to Real Madrid despite the Belgian star’s struggles in Spain.
But Madrid defender Raphael Varane says Eden Hazard will be fit for tonight’s Champion League clash with his former club, Chelsea.
Eden joined Los Blancos in 2019 for a reported initial £89m, with the potential final fee standing at an eyewatering £150m with add-ons, after seven sensational seasons at Stamford Bridge.
However, the switch to La Liga has not worked out well for Hazard, as he suffered from various injury problems and has made only 37 appearances in all competitions for Los Blancos.
Read more: EPL: Timo Werner reveals struggle at Chelsea
Hazard continues to make the Blues money despite his lack of playing time in Madrid, Athletic report.
But with the information gathered, the West Londoners earned £20m in the last campaign because Madrid won La Liga and qualified for the Champions League, even though Hazard’s performance was minimal.
What’s more, further add-on fees will be set off if Madrid proceeds to win the Champions League this season, which would slightly soften the blow if they were to knock out Chelsea.
Don’t miss: Real Madrid beat Man U for UEFA Super Cup
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide