English premier league club, Chelsea Football Club has revealed that it earned earned £20m last season as part of the deal that saw Eden Hazard move to Real Madrid despite the Belgian star’s struggles in Spain.
But Madrid defender Raphael Varane says Eden Hazard will be fit for tonight’s Champion League clash with his former club, Chelsea.
Eden joined Los Blancos in 2019 for a reported initial £89m, with the potential final fee standing at an eyewatering £150m with add-ons, after seven sensational seasons at Stamford Bridge.
However, the switch to La Liga has not worked out well for Hazard, as he suffered from various injury problems and has made only 37 appearances in all competitions for Los Blancos.
Read more: EPL: Timo Werner reveals struggle at Chelsea
Hazard continues to make the Blues money despite his lack of playing time in Madrid, Athletic report.
But with the information gathered, the West Londoners earned £20m in the last campaign because Madrid won La Liga and qualified for the Champions League, even though Hazard’s performance was minimal.
What’s more, further add-on fees will be set off if Madrid proceeds to win the Champions League this season, which would slightly soften the blow if they were to knock out Chelsea.
Don’t miss: Real Madrid beat Man U for UEFA Super Cup
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity