The Minister of Defence, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has reiterated the commitment of the Federal Government to securing the country against all forms of insecurities threatening her corporate existence.
General Magashi gave this assurance as Special guest of honour at a one day national security summit organised by the defence headquarters held at National Defence College Abuja.
He said the Federal Government’s first line charge priority of ensuring safety of lives and property of the citizenry is sacrosanct pointing out that there is no going back on this national aspiration.
The Minister of Defence therefore described the theme of the summit which is Kinetic Operations, a major plank for counter- terrorism and counter-insurgency in Nigeria; issues, challenges and prospects as timely.
He noted that the Presidential directive to the Nigerian Armed Forces and other security agencies is clear on the need to decisively end all forces of threats to the the national territorial integrity including banditry, terrorism and kidnapping.
While calling for all hands to be deck to support the current efforts to promote peace and stability, he identified various security instruments emplaced by the Federal Government to proactively address internal security challenges which include Operation Lafiya Dole, Operation Safe Haven and Strategic empowerment of the Multinational Joint Task Force alongside intervention mechanisms such as North East Development Commission and Safe School initiative as part of measures free the country from the activities of the adversaries threatening the peace of the nation.
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year
- Gov. Sule approves N1.5bn for upgrading Nasarawa Broadcasting Service– Commissioner
- Why we are detaining D’Banj – ICPC
- Adeleke denies withdrawing N5bn from Osun accounts
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit