A Trooper identified as Azunna Maduabuchi has been sentenced to death by firing squad for killing the adjutant of his unit, one Lieutenant Babakaka Ngorgi.
The soldier who sat before a court-martial in Maiduguri, Borno State capital was arraigned for shooting Lieutenant Ngorgi in July 2020 at close range in Bama Local Government of Borno State for refusing to grant him a welfare pass.
He was found guilty at the court session held at the Maimalari Cantonment, Maiduguri on Tuesday January 12.
Four other soldiers who were arraigned for manslaughter, were also sentenced to various years of imprisonment. Sergeant Sani Ishaya was sentenced to four years, while Bidemi Fabiyi got two years.
Private Musa Bala and Private Abdulraheed Adamu also got one-year imprisonment each.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign