Adodo who served during the two terms of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole’s administration, reportedly died in the early hours of Tuesday, from a brief, but yet-to-be-disclosed ailment.
It was gathered that he took ill five days ago, but could not recover from the illness.
The death of the frontline labour leader is a big blow to the labour industry.
Until his demise, Comrade Adodo was the General Secretary of Iron and Steel Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ISSSAN). He was also a former General Secretary of the United Labour Congress.
A source close to the family confirmed the death and said that efforts were being made to bury him today (Tuesday).
“I can confirm to you that Comrade Adodo is dead. He passed on in the early hours of Tuesday and the family is making efforts to bury him immediately,” the source said.
Adodo who hailed from Iruekpen, Esan West Local Government Area of the state, attended Holy Trinity Grammar School, Sabongidda-Ora, and graduated in 1979.
He later attended the University of Benin where he graduated in 1986.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63