Nigerians and the general public may experience a slight rise in temperature in the coming days especially in the northern states and some parts of the southern states.
This warning is contained in a weather alert issued on Friday by the Nigerian Meteorological Agency.
According to the statement, parts of Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Borno, Adamawa, Taraba, Plateau, Niger, Nasarawa, Benue, and Kwara are expected to experience temperatures greater than 40°C. Other parts of the northern, central, and southern states will mostly experience temperatures within 35°C to 40°C.
The statement further disclosed that the temperature is expected to continue the next day where parts of Sokoto, Kebbi, Jigawa, Yobe, Borno, Gombe, Taraba, Plateau, Nasarawa, Adamawa, Borno, Niger, Kwara, FCT, Kogi, Benue, Cross River, and Ebonyi are expected to experience temperatures greater than 40°C.
The remaining parts of the northern, central, and southern states are expected to be within 35°C to 40°C.
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed