Zamfara NURTW attacks ED, State Fire Service
From Salisu Zakari Maradun, Gusau
No fewer than eight staffers working with Zamfara State Fire service, including the Executive Director of the service, are currently receiving medical treatment at the Yariman Bakura Specialist hospital following injuries they sustained after an attack launched on them by members of the NURTW.
The tragedy happened when one of the staffs of the service was stopped and asked to take hi vehicle to the office of workeam on by the NURTW members who were on surveillance along the road to arrest any driver who refused to go to the central motor park to carry passengers.
After they insisted that the man should and the request he turned down, one of them threw an abusive word to him which pained him and he retaliated. There was heavy tongue lashing between them that led to slapping the officer, and subsequently, the man retaliated which drew the attention of the ED to intervene.
But before the intervention of the ED, already some of the staff were already down when the chairman of the union in the State, Hamish Kasuwar Daji led five buses full of the members to the premises of the headquarters of the fire service and instructed them to beat the workers until the man they asked to take his vehicle to their office surrendered and complied with the order given to him.
The ED who was terribly wounded in the head could not even effectively talk to the Press, but the Commissioner in charge of the works and Transport ministry of the State, Alhaji Rabiu Garba, told Journalists that government will not take it light, and that they have already ordered for the arrest of all those are involved in the unfortunate incident.
Rabiu Garba also expressed dismay and concern that an ordinary union could attack government officials even as far as their office headquarters.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tuberculosis Detection, Case Control Must Be Prioritised In Rural Areas—-Stakeholders
- I’m eager to leave office, I want to focus on my farms– Buhari
- Profile of Rev. Fd. Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect
- Ramadan: CAN calls for prayers for peace in Nigeria
- (PHOTOS)EFCC arrests 28 suspected Yahoo Yahoo boys in Kwara
- Aggrieved parties file 25 petitions before Lagos election tribunal
- Referee suspended for using fan’s phone to review a goal
- Ramadan: Buhari sends best wishes to Muslim faithful
- NLC declares nationwide strike from Wednesday next week
- President-Elect Tinubu jets out to Europe