The Public Relations Officer, NCoS Kano State Command, DSC Musbahu Kofar-Nasarawa, confirmed the development to newsmen on Friday in Kano.
It was gathered that the inmates rioted over alleged poor quality food in the facility, a situation which caused panic among residents of a possible jail break by the inmates.
Reacting, Kofar-Nasarawa said that normalcy had been restored as the inmates were confined and security beefed up at the facility.
“There was an attempt by some inmates to cause pandemonium in the prison yard, however, the situation was brought under control by concerted efforts of the warders and security operatives.
“The inmates are not protesting over alleged poor quality or lack of food at the facility rather they kicked against attempt by warders to retrieve some illicit items in their possession.
“Normalcy has been restored at the facility,” he said.
According to him, the command has set up a committee to unravel the cause of the riot as well as examine the influx of illicit substances into the facility.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment