The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has described the demise of the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III as a colossal loss to traditional institution in the nation.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari noted that the 52years reign of Oba Adeyemi III witnessed tremendous display of royalty, excellence, peace and harmony among inhabitants of the ancient town of Oyo and Oyo State in general.
“Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi’s death marks the end of another era, the world will surely miss the exit of a bridge-builder”, he said.
This is contained in a condolence message issued by the Emir’s spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, on Saturday. He noted that late Oba Adeyemi III used his long reign and old age to foster unity among the Yoruba race.
The statement however commiserated with the immediate and extended families of the late paramount ruler, the Oyo-In-Council, government and good people of Oyo State over the exit of a titan.
The Emir prayed to God to comfort his loved ones and give the entire people of Oyo the fortitude to bear the great loss.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia
- BREAKING…. Many school children, others affected as explosion rocks Kano