The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has described the demise of the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III as a colossal loss to traditional institution in the nation.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari noted that the 52years reign of Oba Adeyemi III witnessed tremendous display of royalty, excellence, peace and harmony among inhabitants of the ancient town of Oyo and Oyo State in general.
“Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi’s death marks the end of another era, the world will surely miss the exit of a bridge-builder”, he said.
This is contained in a condolence message issued by the Emir’s spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, on Saturday. He noted that late Oba Adeyemi III used his long reign and old age to foster unity among the Yoruba race.
The statement however commiserated with the immediate and extended families of the late paramount ruler, the Oyo-In-Council, government and good people of Oyo State over the exit of a titan.
The Emir prayed to God to comfort his loved ones and give the entire people of Oyo the fortitude to bear the great loss.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78