The Obajisun of Ayedun in Oke-ero local government area of Kwara State, Oba (Dr) Olusegun Rotimi, has clocked 80 years, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Our correspondent gathered that dignitaries from within and outside the state at the weekend converged to celebrate with the octogerian for his laudable contributions to the development of the ancient town as well as promoting the tradition and culture of the community.
Meanwhile, a member of the federal house representatives representing Ekiti, Isin, Irepodun and Oke-ero Federal Constituency of Kwara, Hon. Tunji Ojuloopin, in a congratulatory message felicitated with the monarch for attaining 80 years of age.
He noted that his contributions to humanity and the people of Ayedun in general have been outstanding.
He lauded his role in maintaining peace and tranquility in Oke-ero local government and the federal constituency, while urging the royal father not to relent in his quest for a greater Oke-ero.
The lawmaker described the traditional ruler as a father figure whose support and consistent prayer has been quite impact full, noting that such effort should be redouble as he attained the coveted age.
He commended the bravery of the octogenarian whose academic prowess saw him to a Doctoral level, while praising the royal father for his love for the people of Ayedun.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion