No fewer than 5,000 households received various food items from the Gbenga Power Foundation during the just concluded Ramadan fasting and ongoing Eid-el-Fitr celebrations in Ifelodun, Offa and Oyun local government areas of Kwara State.
Chairman and Founder of the Foundation, Honourable Gbenga Power Oyekunle, said that the gesture which has been on for some years now was aimed at putting smiles on faces of his people.
Gbenga Power observed that the harsh economic situation in the country is taking a toll on virtually everyone in addition to the COVID-19 pandemic hence the need for intervention by well meaning Kwarans.
According to him, “Things are not easy in this country and other parts of the world now due to effect of coronavirus pandemic which has resulted in serious unemployment, the level of insecurity in different parts of Nigeria also calls for concern; I think we should all see ourselves as stakeholders; Let’s all those who are endowed with wealth to try and assist the downtrodden.”
The Philanthropist also called on all those who are blessed to assist the less privileged around them stressing that they should not limit their act of charity to the month of Ramadan or during festive seasons alone.
He also enjoyed the Muslim faithful not to see the Eid-el-Fitr period as a time for celebration alone but a time of sober reflection and pray fervently for Kwara State and Nigeria to over series of problem confronting it.
Honourable Gbenga Power said government alone cannot curb the issue of insecurity except citizens play their part by providing useful information to security agencies and be their brother’s keeper.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List