No fewer than 5,000 households received various food items from the Gbenga Power Foundation during the just concluded Ramadan fasting and ongoing Eid-el-Fitr celebrations in Ifelodun, Offa and Oyun local government areas of Kwara State.
Chairman and Founder of the Foundation, Honourable Gbenga Power Oyekunle, said that the gesture which has been on for some years now was aimed at putting smiles on faces of his people.
Gbenga Power observed that the harsh economic situation in the country is taking a toll on virtually everyone in addition to the COVID-19 pandemic hence the need for intervention by well meaning Kwarans.
According to him, “Things are not easy in this country and other parts of the world now due to effect of coronavirus pandemic which has resulted in serious unemployment, the level of insecurity in different parts of Nigeria also calls for concern; I think we should all see ourselves as stakeholders; Let’s all those who are endowed with wealth to try and assist the downtrodden.”
The Philanthropist also called on all those who are blessed to assist the less privileged around them stressing that they should not limit their act of charity to the month of Ramadan or during festive seasons alone.
He also enjoyed the Muslim faithful not to see the Eid-el-Fitr period as a time for celebration alone but a time of sober reflection and pray fervently for Kwara State and Nigeria to over series of problem confronting it.
Honourable Gbenga Power said government alone cannot curb the issue of insecurity except citizens play their part by providing useful information to security agencies and be their brother’s keeper.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules