FORMER Rivers State Governor, Dr. Peter Otunaya Odili, has distanced himself from a purported “Democracy Heroes In Africa Award” being circulated in some sections of the online media in which the ex-governor was listed as one of the prospective recipients.
The said award is being promoted by “Vivian Iam Glamour Magazine.”
The former governor made his position known in a statement made available to journalists in Abuja, where he stated emphatically that he never consented to the award; neither does he know anything about the said democracy award.
“The attention of Dr. Peter Odili has been drawn to a news item posted in some online news media, in which he was listed as one of the prospective recipients of DEMOCRACY HEROES IN AFRICA AWARD, promoted by Vivian Iam Glamour Magazine. “Whilst not averse to the freedom or right of anyone or group of people honouring whosoever they deem fit, Dr. Odili dissociates himself from such an award, as he knows nothing about the award. “For emphasis, he was neither consulted nor his consent sought or given.
“He wishes other purported recipients well and congratulates them,” the statement read.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL