The Oluwo of Iwo land in Osun State, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi is set to marry a Kano princess, Firdauz Abdullahi.
The wedding is set to hold on March 19, 2022, at the residence of Madakin Kano, Yola Quarters in Kano State.
A reception strictly for the ladies follows at the palace of the Emir of Kano, HRH Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero.
The monarch divorced his Canadian-born wife, Chanel Chin in 2019, over personal irreconcilable differences.
Recall that Oluwo had in an interview with BBC, confirmed his upcoming wedding stating that the date will be made public soon.
The wedding date was announced in a statement via his official Facebook page on Tuesday, March 8.
The statement described the bride-to-be as a “matrimonial material and morally upright princess”
“History Made: Royalty Meets, Weds Royalty. A great wife, matrimonial material and morally upright princess becoming an empress,” the statement reads.
“The glory is not mine alone. It belongs to all of us who trust in our way, an undiluted monarchy that resigns only to God, The Creator. We reference God for everything.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport