The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja 11, on Saturday confessed that Jesus Christ is the Lord of lords and most wonderful God that turned his shame into celebrations.
The traditional ruler made the remark during the Grand-finale of the New Year Prayer organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN at Afewonro Park, Enuwa Square, in Ile-Ife.
Oba Ogunwusi, who led different Christian worship songs and praises during the service, clarified that it is a good thing to always praise the Lord Jesus Christ and appreciate Him.
“When I look back, I observe that my life is full of God’s wonders and miracles despite all challenges faced but today, the Lord gave me victory over them all.
“I sat down here last year with a lot of tribulations and storms of life which I cannot explain but to God be the Glory that my shame has turned to celebration.
“I observed where I started, hitherto, the Lord has helped me. It is clearly stated to me that the Lord is Alive. Fool is anyone that says there’s no God,” he said.
While charging Christians to hold firmly unto Jesus Christ, the traditional ruler said, “truly, He (Jesus) is the son of God and He is the one that lives with him (Ogunwusi) on the throne”.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List