Ooni of Ife announces wedding date with his 2nd wife (photos)
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has officially announced a wedding date with his second wife, Opeoluwa Elizabeth Akinmuda.
According to invitation cards sent by the palace, the wedding Thanksgiving service and celebration is scheduled to hold on Saturday, May 20, 2023.
The occasion will be preceded by the Queen’s ceremonial arrival into Ile-Ife’s old Ife Oodua Palace on Thursday, May 18.
Recall that the monarch picked six women including Elizabeth as wives in 2022. His wedding to the women came after his marriage to Olori Naomi crashed. Prior to Olori Naomi, the monarch was married to Queen Wuraola who also divorced him.
He married six women between September and October 2022, starting with Mariam Anako, an Ebira from Kogi State, on September 6, 2022. Then, on September 7, 2022, he married Elizabeth Opeoluwa Akinmuda, an Ondo native. On October 9, 2022, he married Tobi Phillips, a native of Okitipupa, Ondo State, as his third wife. The monarch went on to pick Ashley Afolashade Adegoke, an Ile-Ife Princess, as his fourth wife on October 14, 2022 and then on October 20, 2022, he married Ronke Ademiluyi, another Ile-Ife Princess, as his fifth wife. On October 24, 2022, the monarch tied the knot with his sixth wife, Princess Temitope Adesegu.
See pre-wedding photos of the Monarch and Olori Elizabeth below:
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje