Laolu Akande, spokesperson of Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo has said that his principal has not indicated any interest in joining the 2023 presidential race.
In a statement issued on Monday August 23, Akande stated that Osinbajo is currently focused on working in his capacity as the Vice President to address the various challenges facing the country, including finding effective and lasting solutions to the security challenges and working to further boost the economy.
The statement read;
“The Office of the Vice President is not in any way connected with the distribution and deployment of any 2023 political posters whether on the streets or in online videos, banners and the like on social media.
“All these are simply needless distractions from the urgent tasks of governance needed in our country at this time.”
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment
- How I deal with people who disappoint me— Tinubu