Laolu Akande, spokesperson of Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo has said that his principal has not indicated any interest in joining the 2023 presidential race.
In a statement issued on Monday August 23, Akande stated that Osinbajo is currently focused on working in his capacity as the Vice President to address the various challenges facing the country, including finding effective and lasting solutions to the security challenges and working to further boost the economy.
The statement read;
“The Office of the Vice President is not in any way connected with the distribution and deployment of any 2023 political posters whether on the streets or in online videos, banners and the like on social media.
“All these are simply needless distractions from the urgent tasks of governance needed in our country at this time.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo