The Commandant, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Osun State Command, Commandant Emmanuel Ocheja paid a peace advocacy visit to the Ataoja Of Osogbo Land, His Royal Majesty, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun Oyetunji to intimate the Kabiyesi and the Council of Chiefs on NSCDC (Amendment) Act 2007 that empowers the Corps to arrange and mediate in the settlement of disputes among willing members of the public.
Representing the State Commandant, the Head of Peace and Conflicts Management, Assistant Commandant of Corps (ACC) Abere Oluwafemi implored the monarch and the Council of Chiefs to be the mouthpiece of the Corps in telling their subjects of the need to take their non-criminal cases that could be settled through Alternative Dispute Resolution with emphasis on mediation to the Civil Defence offices nearest to them.
While assuring the Kabiyesi of the readiness of the Corps to be judicious in the discharge if the Corps’ mandates ACC Abẹrẹ promised that the Peace and Conflict Management Unit shall always serve as unbiased umpire.
In response, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji Olanipekun, the Ataoja of Osogbo lauded the efforts of the Corps in carrying out it’s mandates and promised to carry the message of the peace advocacy on Alternative Disputes Resolution to every nook and cranny of Osogbo since the traditional chiefs from various quarters are present during the visit.
The Kabiyesi prayed that the Corps will continue to excel in carrying out its statutory duties and appreciate the Command’s willingness to safeguarding the peace in Osun State.
Chief Superintendent of Corps (CSC) Anjorin Oluwakemi appreciated His Royal Majesty for his warmth response.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates