The Mai Mala Buni-led Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Committee of the All Progressives Congress will brief Senators of the ruling party on Tuesday, March 22, at 2pm.
The announcement was made by the Deputy Senate President, Ovie Omo-Agege, at the start of plenary on Tuesday.
Omo-Agege, conveyed notice of the meeting in a latter addressed to the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, and signed by the Senate Leader, Yahaya Abdullahi.
The Senate Leader, in the letter said the meeting would avail the Buni-led Committee to brief the lawmakers on the forthcoming convention slated for March 26, 2022.
He further disclosed that the former Governor of Zamfara State and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum, Hon. Abdul’aziz Yari, would also address the caucus.
Meanwhile, Presidential Aspirant of the People’s Democratic Party, Senator Bukola Saraki would also meet today with PDP Senators.
Saraki was President of the Eighth Senate between 2015 and 2019.
The notice of meeting between Saraki and members of the Senate PDP caucus was contained in a latter signed by the Minority Leader, Enyinnaya Abaribe.
The letter was also read by the Deputy Senate President, Omo-Agege, who presided over plenary on Tuesday.
The time of the meeting was slated for 7pm, Tuesday, March 22, 2022.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates