Ahead of the national convention of the All Progressive Congress, APC, the Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan who has just concluded his screening in Abuja, disclosed that the party stands for constitution amendments, good Governance and other related matters in the country.
Speaking after his screening, Lawan expressed appreciation to those interested in his screening and how it goes, adding that it was a successful one.
Lawan disclosed that the questions were about the party administration and their vision for Nigeria as the party presidential candidate.
“My vision for Nigeria as the president for 2023 are, to take government closer to the people, evolution of power to ensure that Nigerians get real in Governance.
“More resources are distributed from the federal government, state and local government to make sure that electoral environment in Nigeria is very peaceful and transparence, that the election May be full of integrity.
“why in National Assembly, we passed the Bill to amend the electoral act 2010 just to ensure that we improve from the electoral processes and procedures in Nigeria for better outcast.” Lawan said.
Lawan explained that his party APC, believes that the economy of the country must work for all, adding that, having achieved being the largest Economic country in Africa.
He said that the party has not stopped fighting insecurity, insurgency in the country as the president started since 2015, which made the country achieved so much success against Boko Haram.
He therefore, confidential assured Nigerians good Governance and environment for the people, adding that he has all it takes to be the president of the country having served in National Assembly for 23 to 24 years.
“I have sufficient experience in the area of government, I know that every area of government comes under scrutiny, so I believe that by the end of the day, I will be a successful candidate,” he said.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus