Unfortunate incidence befell the Oyo State Universal Basic Education Board on Monday when one of its staff members, Mrs Otun Madinat Abosede, died on her way to a training workshop in Abuja.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the workshop was organized by the United Nations Children’s Fund, unfortunately, the deceased was along with her colleague, Mrs Adedeji of Bako Community Primary School, Ido, was involved in a ghastly motor accident.
Mrs Otun, until her demise, was a Senior Teaching staff of the Board, attached to Community Primary School 1, Olopomewa.
This was contained in a press statement by the Oyo State Government on Monday, commiserating with her families.
The Executive Chairman of the Board, Dr. Nureni Adeniran, revealed that, while Mrs Adedeji survived the accident but sustained injuries, Mrs. Otun did not survive it.
“The incident is very unfortunate”, he said. “She would be sorely missed in the teaching service of Oyo State Universal Basic Education Board, especially for her disciplined lifestyle and dedication to duty”, he added.
He prayed that the Almighty God grants the soul of the departed eternal rest and comfort her family.
The chairman said, “The State government has made arrangements to bring the late Mrs Otun’s body back to Ibadan, while Oyo State Government is ensuring that Mrs Adedeji, who was severely injured, undergoes proper treatment.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)