Paul Pogba is reportedly leaning towards extending his stay at Manchester United following the return of Cristiano Ronaldo.
The France World Cup winner has entered the final year of his contract and talks over a new deal with United have not progressed.
United faces the prospect of losing the former Juventus midfielder on a free transfer next summer with Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain both keen to sign the playmaker.
However, The Athletic reports that Pogba is now reconsidering the idea of leaving United due to events over the past week.
The report claims that Ronaldo’s return to Old Trafford on Saturday had a ‘profound effect’ on Pogba and there is now the belief that it is a ‘realistic possibility’ that the midfielder will sign a new deal with the club.
United have already made plans in the event of Pogba’s departure next summer and are targeting potential replacements with West Ham’s Declan Rice high on their shortlist.
Despite the speculation over Pogba’s future, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has remained adamant that the midfielder will continue to be committed to United.
‘If you’ve got a five-year contract or a one-year contract, when you sign for Man Utd you have to rise to the challenge of performing on a consistent level,’ Solskjaer said last month.
‘What I expect is that the attitude and the approach to every game is the right one. That we have the same focus, the right focus, the right professionalism and, with that, I have no worries about Paul whatsoever.’
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo