The National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has constituted a state caretaker committee to pilot the affairs of the party in Ebonyi.
The party said this in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, in Abuja on Wednesday.
Ologbondiyan said the constitution of the new caretaker committee, was necessary following the dissolution of the State Executive Council (SEC) by the NWC on Tuesday.
He said that the decision was in line with the provisions of the constitution of the PDP.
According to Ologbondiyan, Mr Fred Udeogu is the Chairman, Luke Nkwegu is the Secretary and Dr Gideon Osi is Publicity Secretary.
Others are James Alaka, Organising Secretary; Mrs Amaka Igboke, Women Leader; Mudi Irenede, Legal Adviser; James Onah, Assistant Secretary; Monday Chukwu, Treasurer; and a Youth Leader whose name was given simply as Ibeshi.
He said that the decision of the NWC was pursuant to the powers conferred on it by the provisions of the PDP Constitution (2017 as amended).
He called on all PDP leaders, members and supporters in Ebonyi and the South East to be guided accordingly.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum