Mongolian govt to increase monthly allowance for children amid pandemic
The Mongolian government on Wednesday increased the monthly allowance for children under 18 until the first half of 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The measure, originally scheduled to be implemented from April to the end of this year, has been extended until the end of June, 2021, after the country imposed a nationwide lockdown to curb the spread of COVID-19.
All children under 18 will receive 100,000 tugriks (35.4 U.S. dollars) during the period each month, 30,000 Mongolian tugriks (10.5 U.S. dollars) more than before, from the government.
It is estimated that a total of 1.25 million children will benefit from the measure.
There are several other economic measures taken by the government to support households and businesses amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Until June 30, 2021, repayment of mortgage loans can be extended and importers will be exempt from import tariffs on their consumer food products such as rice, wheat and oils.
Mongolia entered a state of public disaster preparedness and imposed a nationwide 24-hour lockdown from 6:00 a.m. Thursday (2200 GMT Wednesday) with effect until Dec. 1, after reporting the first locally transmitted COVID-19 case.
So far, the locally transmitted cases were reported in the capital city Ulan Bator and three provinces.
As of Wednesday afternoon, the Asian country has registered 455 COVID-19 cases, including 37 locally transmitted cases.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides