Peter Obi invited to Tinubu’s presidential inauguration (photo)
As Nigeria approaches May 29, 2023, when Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress will be sworn in as President, the Presidential Inaugural Committee has invited Peter Obi to the event.
SaharaReporters on Tuesday sighted the invitation letter for Obi of the Labour Party, who came third in the presidential election of February 25 behind Tinubu and Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party.
According to the Independent National Electoral Commission, Tinubu secured 8,794,726 votes, Atiku had 6,984,520, and Obi polled 6,101,533 votes.
It was observed that Obi was assigned Seat No. 101 at the May 29 event as stated on the invite which also reads ‘Handle with care’.
“The Presidential Inaugural Committee is honoured to announce the inauguration of Bola A, Tinubu as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Kashim Shettima M. as Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on Monday, the twenty-ninth May two thousand and twenty-three,” the invite reads.
Meanwhile, in March, Obi and the Labour Party filed a petition at the presidential election tribunal challenging Tinubu’s victory in the poll.
In the petition, Obi asks the tribunal to direct INEC to present him with a certificate of return as the duly elected President of Nigeria instead of Tinubu.
Listed as Respondents are INEC, Tinubu, Shettima, and the APC.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje