President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday met with His Royal Majesty, King Charles III in Buckingham Palace.
While the reason for the meeting was not clear, both leaders expectedly discussed bilateral relations and how the United Kingdom can help Nigeria in the fight against terrorism.
Buhari is in the UK for a medical checkup. He left on October 31st.
Before Wednesday’s meeting, both leaders communicated with each other.
King Charles III had written to the Nigerian president, sympathising with him over the devastating floods that have killed hundreds and displaced millions in the West African nation.
“Your Excellency, Dear Mr President,” the monarch began in a letter to Buhari. “I wanted you to know how deeply saddened both my wife and I are to hear of the many people who have lost their loved ones and whose lives have been so dreadfully affected as a consequence of the devastating floods across Nigeria.”
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt