Police arrest 38-years old female arms supplier to terrorists
The police on Thursday said they have arrested a 38-year-old female suspect over arms and ammunition smuggling from Plateau State to different terrorists’ camps in Kaduna, Katsina, Zamfara States and other parts of the country.
Acting Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said this during a media briefing in Abuja.
He said the suspect was arrested in January at Saminaka, along the Jos Expressway by operatives attached to the Plateau State Police Command.
Adejobi said the suspect was intercepted while conveying the items in a white Toyota car with registration number APP 970 XE from Plateau State to Kaduna State for delivery.
The police spokesman said items recovered from the suspect were eight locally made AK-revolver guns, SMG rifles and 400 rounds of AK-47 live ammunition.
He said another suspect had also been arrested by the police over the transportation of AK-47 rifles and live ammunition from Kaduna State to Taraba State.
Adejobi said the suspect had confessed to getting the arms and ammunition from a fabricator, currently at large, and had sold many to different criminals in their various camps.
He said a total of 1,500 AK-47 live ammunition were recovered from the suspects, adding that efforts are being intensified by the police to get the fabricator arrested.
The police spokesman said a total 30 suspects, involving 14 cases, were arrested over offences of conspiracy, armed robbery, kidnapping, car theft, culpable homicide, unlawful possession of prohibited firearms, receiving stolen goods and forgery.
He said 21 AK-47 rifles, SMG rifles, 2,200 live ammunition of various types, 14 AK-47 magazines, 10 assorted charms, bullet proof vests and a cash of N1.8 million were recovered from the suspects.
Adejobi said other items recovered were 10 fake vehicle number plates, 25 fake vehicle chassis numbers, one HP laptop and a printer, two Toyota Camry vehicles and one Honda Civic car.
He said the suspects would be charged to court upon conclusion of investigation.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides