Those instigating youths in Cross River State to foment public disobedience have been warned to desist or they will face serious consequences.
The state Police Command issued the warning at the command headquarters in Calabar.
Speaking on behalf of the commissioner of police Aminu Alhassan, the PPRO Irene Ugbo said, “Those trying to incite young people on a second EndSars protest should be ready to face the full weight of the law.
“The command will ensure utmost professionalism to confront such elements.”
Ugbo said they have received several reports that tend to incite young people to protest against the police.
“Please note that the Command will not fold its arms and watch hoodlums take a second advantage of the people as anyone caught will be made to face the full weight of the law.
“We received distress calls about an ongoing robbery in a particular location along MCC, Highway and Ikot Ansa community. Our tactical unit responded immediately.
“In the same vein five young men were seen in a vehicle which they claimed was bad and could not start but our men discovered nothing was wrong with it.
“Perhaps, it was an electrical fault, because the said vehicle was driven and not towed to the Command office of the tactical unit.
“As intelligent officers, they decided to delay them in a bid to allow other units on patrol comb the areas where the reported incident happened. And the area has a lot of banks.”
Reacting to the allegation of brutality by policemen in the state, she assured that officers have been trained and ordered to conduct themselves in the utmost professional manner.
“No officer shall be allowed to molest, harass or brutalize anyone in the state”, she stressed.
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue
- Oluwo condems burning of Aree palace, vows to go after perpetrators
- I may not use Nigerian hospitals if elected president – Atiku
- Darul-Kitab graduates 708 students, charges on political participation