President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Wednesday, has assured Nigerians of his renewed and energized focus on delivering his vision of a unified, peaceful and prosperous nation, following the judgment by the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal in Abuja.
President Tinubu welcomes the judgment of the Tribunals with an intense sense of solemn responsibility and preparedness to serve all Nigerians, irrespective of all diverse political persuasions, faiths, and tribal identities.
The President recognizes the diligence, undaunted thoroughness, and professionalism of the five-member bench, led by Justice Haruna Tsammani in interpreting the law.
The President affirms that his commitment to the rule of law, and the unhindered discharge of duties by the Tribunal, as witnessed in the panel’s exclusive respect for the merits of the petitions brought forward, further reflects the continuing maturation of Nigeria’s legal system, and the advancement of Africa’s largest democracy at a time when our democratic system of government is under test in other parts of the continent.
The President believes the Presidential Candidates and Political Parties that have lawfully exercised their rights by participating in the 2023 general elections and the judicial process, which followed, have affirmed Nigeria’s democratic credentials.
The President urges his valiant challengers to inspire their supporters in the trust that the spirit of patriotism will now and forever be elevated above partisan considerations, manifesting into support for our Government to improve the livelihood of all Nigerians.
Once more, President Tinubu thanks Nigerians for the mandate given to him to serve our country while promising to meet and exceed their expectations, by the grace of God Almighty, and through very diligent hard work with the team that has been put in place for that sole purpose.
Chief Ajuri Ngelale
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
September 6, 2023
- (PHOTOS) NLC Protest: Mammoth crowd hit Abuja street over hardship
- Oyebanji Unveils N12bn Economic Relief Programme
- (PHOTOS) Ex-Finance Minister, Okonjo-Iweala bags Timor Leste’s second highest national honour
- Kwara CP sues for peaceful demonstration ahead of planned protest (FULL STATEMENT)
- Nnamdi Kanu knows fate on fresh bail battle March 19
- Ex-DSP, Ekweremadu commends Nigerians for solidarity, prayers
- 16, 920 applicants jostle for UNILORIN’s admission
- 3 kids of same parents die of suffocation in Ilorin
- SERAP sues Wike, 36 govs ‘over failure to account for missing N40trn LGAs allocations’
- Lifted sanctions: Begin democratic process now, Northern Senators task Niger