Head Coach of Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has expressed displeasure over the country’s 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier between Nigeria and Benin Republic, saying the country have to be respected and considered as he called for a change in date of the fixture.
According to a tweet by journalist, Osasu Obayiuwana, Rohr believes that the match comes too early for the three-time AFCON champions, who have only day training before the game, and is demanding for a postponement after writing the Confederation of African Football.
Obayiuwana quoted Rohr as saying, “Our game against Benin is on November 13th, which is a Wednesday. The FIFA window opens on Monday. When will our players arrive and prepare for this game?
“It’s ridiculous. We need to be respected and I have spoken to CAF’s Anthony Baffoe about it.
“I have also spoken to Michel Dussuyer, the Benin coach, as well. We need this date to be changed, so that the teams can arrive and train properly, for this game. Match scheduling must be done properly.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate