Head Coach of Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has expressed displeasure over the country’s 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier between Nigeria and Benin Republic, saying the country have to be respected and considered as he called for a change in date of the fixture.
According to a tweet by journalist, Osasu Obayiuwana, Rohr believes that the match comes too early for the three-time AFCON champions, who have only day training before the game, and is demanding for a postponement after writing the Confederation of African Football.
Obayiuwana quoted Rohr as saying, “Our game against Benin is on November 13th, which is a Wednesday. The FIFA window opens on Monday. When will our players arrive and prepare for this game?
“It’s ridiculous. We need to be respected and I have spoken to CAF’s Anthony Baffoe about it.
“I have also spoken to Michel Dussuyer, the Benin coach, as well. We need this date to be changed, so that the teams can arrive and train properly, for this game. Match scheduling must be done properly.”
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai