18 year-old housewife, Salma Hassan, has allegedly stabbed her husband, Mohammed Mustafa, to death. She confessed that she did that because she didn’t know that sex was part of marital obligations.
She has been detained by the Police Command in Bauchi, stressing that , “I thought he was just trying to defile me”, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Salma said: “I didn’t know that sex is a marital obligation. On that day, when he approached me for sex, I refused because I have never been involved in it before.
READ ALSO:BREAKING…Saudi Astronomical Observatory reveals Eid Fitr day
“I thought he wanted to rape me but he got angry and was trying to force himself on me. He started beating me.
“I picked up a knife to scare him away but he kept coming and I didn’t know when I stabbed him with the knife in his chest,” she said.
Salma further explained that she had already given her statement to the Police and did not know what would become her fate.
“I wouldn’t have done it if I knew better about marital obligations,” she claimed.
The News Agency of Nigeria , reports that the suspect was paraded before newsmen in the north-eastern state’s capital.
Mr Philip Maku, Police Commissioner in the state, also showed newsmen a knife Salma allegedly used to commit the crime at her home in Itas-Gadau Local Government Area of the state. READ ALSO:8 doctors test positive for COVID-19 in Zamfara
The Police officer explained that the suspect was arrested on April 24.
“On April 24, one Haruna Musa, a resident of Itas-Gadau, reported the matter at Itas-Gadau Division. He complained that one Salma Hassan stabbed her husband.
“The husband, Mohammed Mustapha, was stabbed on the chest. He sustained injuries and was rushed to the General hospital, Itas–Gadau for treatment but died soon after arriving at the facility.
“The suspect was arrested and has confessed to the crime. Exhibit recovered from the suspect was one knife,” he said.
While answering questions from Journalists, Salma said she stabbed her man because she didn’t know that sex was just another part of marriage.
“I thought he was just trying to defile me. No one told me about this aspect of marital union,” the young woman said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport