The decomposing body of the Commandant of Command Secondary School of the Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC), Jaji, Kaduna, Navy Commander Oluwayemisi Ogundana, with service number NN/ 2367, was found on Sunday in a shallow well.
THISDAY can exclusively report that her body was found and recovered at about 12.45pm, in Agwanloyo by the railway, inside an abandoned shallow well near Deeper Life Bible Church in Jaji Cantonment.
Already, two suspects have been arrested. The suspects are Mr Bernard Simon, a teacher at the Command Secondary School, Jaji and his alleged accomplice, Mr Ibrahlm Maman.
Although the military authorities are yet to fully unravel the circumstances surrounding her death, a senior personnel who spoke to THISDAY on condition of anonymity, said they were keeping the two suspects in custody for further investigation.
Ogundana was on Friday last week declared missing after concerted efforts to ascertain her whereabouts proved abortive.
According to the situation report from the AFCSC Jaji, the deceased was confirmed missing after military personnel broke into her apartment and found her phone ringing and her whereabouts unknown.
The deceased, who resided at AVM Crescent, House 22, was last seen on Friday, September 13, at the secondary school within the cantonment.
The incident was thereafter reported to the authorities when her cell phone was ringing repeatedly and she did not pick her calls.
The military authorities had to forcibly break into her room and the said phone was found ringing inside the sitting room.
Fears were heightened when her vehicle, a metallic gray Toyota Highlander with registration number AAA 434 CF (Lagos) was also missing.
The deceased was married with three kids, who are in their Lagos residence with their father.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector