SAD…. Senatorial candidate reportedly killed 3 days to election
Barely three days to the 2023 general elections, Labour Party’s (LP) Senatorial candidate for Enugu East, Barr Oyibo Chukwu has reportedly been shot dead.
ROYAL NEWS reports that details of his death are still sketchy, but Chukwu was said to have been shot dead and then burnt inside the vehicle he was in.
It was gathered that the deceased was gunning for the senate, with his opponents being Chimaroke Nnamani (PDP) and of Ada Ogbu (APC).
Supporters of Peter Obi have expressed anger and bitterness over the reported death of the candidate three days to the elections.
An unverified video on social media showed a man burnt inside a campaign vehicle with people around the scene weeping and wailing.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG