Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has expressed anguish over the death of the mother of Senator Dino Melaye, Deaconess Comfort Melaye, who he described as a worthy matriarch who bequeathed her generation with Godly and respectable children.
Saraki, in statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, said the late Madam Melaye would be remembered for her philanthropy, good nature and exemplification of the core Christian values.
He urged Senator Melaye and all members of his family to take solace in the fact that their mother lived a good life and left a legacy of true and humane values in all her children.
Saraki said: “On behalf of my family and the entire 8th Senate, my heart goes out to Senator Dino Melaye and his family in this moment of grief.
“I pray that the Almighty grants our departed mother eternal rest, and her family and loved ones, the strength and fortitude to bear this significant loss.”
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children