Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has expressed anguish over the death of the mother of Senator Dino Melaye, Deaconess Comfort Melaye, who he described as a worthy matriarch who bequeathed her generation with Godly and respectable children.
Saraki, in statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, said the late Madam Melaye would be remembered for her philanthropy, good nature and exemplification of the core Christian values.
He urged Senator Melaye and all members of his family to take solace in the fact that their mother lived a good life and left a legacy of true and humane values in all her children.
Saraki said: “On behalf of my family and the entire 8th Senate, my heart goes out to Senator Dino Melaye and his family in this moment of grief.
“I pray that the Almighty grants our departed mother eternal rest, and her family and loved ones, the strength and fortitude to bear this significant loss.”
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt