Selena Gomez is no longer a member of the Hillsong Church.
Her decision to leave the church reportedly came amid pastor Carl Lentz’s cheating scandal.
Insiders say “she doesn’t want anything to do with Hillsong anymore.”
According to The Daily Telegraph, sources say the 28-year-old singer had become “bitterly disillusioned” with the church after Lentz’s affair with designer Ranin Karim came to light.
Other factors that contributed to her leaving the church are her 2018 split with member Justin Bieber, and a withered relationship with church founder Brian Houston, who let go of Pastor Lentz and his wife Laura in November amid the infidelity scandal.
The Daily Telegraph source said: “At one stage she adored Carl … she, Brian, his daughter Laura and Justin were a team, really close, she used to hang out with Brian’s daughter-in-law Esther, now she doesn’t want anything to do with Hillsong anymore.”
The source told the publication that “Selena considers herself a Christian” and “she says she has a close relationship with God, and she believes this is not how God wants us to operate, she’s disillusioned.”
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue