Senate has confirmed Hon. Amaechi Nwoha as the Commissioner representing South East in the National Assembly Service Commission, NASC.
The confirmation followed the consideration of a report by the Committee on Establishment and Public Service, chaired by Senator Ibrahim Shekarau (APC Kano Central).
Presenting the report on behalf of the chairman, Senator Smart Adeyemi (APC Kogi West), said the nominee satisfied the requirement of Section 4 of the National Assembly Service Commission Act 2014 as amended.
According to the lawmaker, Nwoha’s antecedents as a legislator in the Imo State House of Assembly makes him suitable and competent for appointment in the NASC.
He stated that there was no petition received by the Committee against his nomination as Commissioner.
Meanwhile, the Senate has passed two bills for concurrence.
The bills are Climate Change Bill, 2021, and Adeyemi Federal Ini University of Education, Ondo (Establishment) Bill, 2021.
Both bills for concurrence were sponsored by the Senate Leader, Senator Yahaya Abdullahi (APCKebbi North).
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution