Senate has passed the sum of N329,963,491,523 as statutory budget for the Federal Capital Territory, FCT for the 2021 fiscal year.
The passage followed the consideration of the report of the Committee on FCT on the Territory’s Appropriation Bill, 2021.
Chairman of the committee, Senator Abubakar Kyari (APC Borno North), said from the projected revenue of N329,963,491,523, the sum of N74,323,382,813 is for personnel costs; N58,728,614,466 for overheads; and N196,911,494,243 for capital orojects.
He disclosed that the overall performance of the FCT 2020 statutory budget allocation was 88 percent as at 31st December, 2020.
Kyari further disclosed that most of the projects executed by the Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA and the Federal Capital Development Administration, FCDA were still ongoing “due to overbearing ineptitude of getting the Due Process Certificates on time.”
He observed that new and ongoing projects were not sufficiently funded due to delay in the release of funds, occasioned by bureaucratic bottlenecks.
The lawmaker added that projected revenue accrued to FCT Administration was stretched by N30 billion naira, due to additional revenue derived from Additional Statutory Allocation received from the differential distributed from the Excess Crude Account for receipts from January to May, 2021, and expected receipts for the remaining seven months of the year; and Stamp Duty Refunds.
According to him, the Committee on FCT consequently increased the fiscal framework to accommodate revenue receipts from additional statutory allocation and stamp duty fees to bring the total expenditure to N329,963,491,523 billion.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector