Senate has postponed its earlier scheduled resumption in plenary from Tuesday, November 15 to Wednesday, 16.
The upper legislative chamber had on Wednesday, October 12, 2022 adjourned plenary for four weeks to enable consideration of N20.51trillion 2023 budget proposals at committee levels.
President of the Senate, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, who announced suspension of plenary for budget consideration at committee level fixed Tuesday, November 15 , 2022 for plenary resumption.
But the Clerk of the Senate, Barrister Chinedu Akubueze in a two paragraphs statement, announced postponement of the resumption to Wednesday.
The statement reads: “This is to inform all Distinguished Senators of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that resumption of the Senate in Plenary has been rescheduled from Tuesday, 15th November, 2022 to Wednesday 16th November, 2022.”
The Clerk added in the statement that all Distinguished Senators should by the notice, resume sitting in plenary by 10:00am on rescheduled date.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC