Seven new traditional rulers have received their Staff of Office in Kwara State, ROYAL NEWS has confirmed.
They are: Olokeopin of Oke-Opin Oba Ezekiel Ajibola Arigbajoye; Onimasudo of Masudo Oba Abdulwahab Bolaji Usman; Aniwo of Afin, Ile-Ire, Oba Simeon Ibiyinka Olaonipekun; Asa-Oro of Alasaro Oba Moses Adesin and Eleku of Odo-Eku Oba Abdulwahab Ogunbiyi.
Others are; Oninaja of Inaja Inaja-Alaro Oba Ganiyu Olarewaju and Onilupeju of Ilupeju Oba Muhammed Olanrewaju Odunade.
Meanwhile, the Kwara State Governor, Mallam AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, has called on traditional rulers to build bridges of harmony, understanding, tolerance and peaceful co-existence among the people and neighbours.
The Govenneor was represented at the event by the Commissioner for Local Government Affairs, Chieftaincy Affairs and Community Development Architect Aliyu Saifudeen.
“This presentation of staffs of office uniquely positions you to build bridges of harmony, understanding, tolerance and peaceful co-existence among your people and neighbours. There can be no meaningful development in an atmosphere of rancour, discord, distrust and dissatisfaction,” AbdulRazaq said at the presentation of 3rd and 4th class of office to seven newly appointed chiefs in Kwara State.
“Traditional rulers have been a strong pole of support for this administration. Therefore, I must not fail to show my gratitude and deep appreciation to all the royal fathers for their commendable role.”
AbdulRazaq implored the traditional rulers to reflect on their people’s peculiarities and use their positions to build on the strengths that come from their diversities and common brotherhood.
“I wish to congratulate the royal fathers, the good people of the various communities and Kwara State in general on this auspicious occasion. I pray that today will mark the dawn of a new era in your domains. I also urge you to encourage the people to participate in our government’s programmes,” he said.
For his part, the Permanent Secretary Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Community Development Alh. AbdulRazaq Alabere charged the traditional rulers to always carry their people along in whatever developmental activities in their respective communities.
Responding on behalf of the traditional rulers, the Olokeopin of Oke-Opin (Ekiti Local government) described their appointment as a call to service.
He commended the Governor and the people of their various communities for the confidence reposed in them, and promised to justify their elevations by ensuring peace and development of their communities.
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest
- Names of Tinubu’s aides following him to Qatar revealed (See List)
- Group petitions Tinubu, others over N20bn LGs fraud in Benue
- Banks to face N1trn recapitalization as Senate plans six years term for CBN Gov.
- BREAKING….Senate begins probe of Ajaokuta Steel Coy, NIOMCO over $496m payment
- (VIDEO) Vigilantes rescue abducted victims, kill one kidnapper, apprehend others in Kwara
- IOC’s Divestment: We Facilitate, Not Hinder Process — NNPCL
- Introduce Food Stamps prog to tackle hunger, Senate urges FG
- Senate confirms Bakari as NFIU director