Senate President Ahmad Lawan has said that since civil war, there was never a time the Nigerian military got involved in warfare “like this time”.
Lawan made the comment at the 44 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital in Kaduna state which he visited on Saturday June 12.
The senate president who made a donation of N10m to the hospital, also called for support for the military because they are fighting for the Nigerian people.
“After the civil war in Nigeria, I dare say that there was never a time the military is involved in some type of warfare than this time.
“Our armed forces deserve all the support from all the citizens of Nigeria because they are fighting on our behalf. To do otherwise is to be unfair, to the armed forces.
“Our expectations as citizens are very high and therefore we have to give the armed forces what they require, we may not be able to give everything because we don’t have enough but we must as a country put in more resources because everything rests on peace and security.
“I want to assure you once more that beyond the supplementary budget, in 2022, we will provide more resources for our armed forces and I hope that the armed forces will be prioritised.
“The wounded offices must be treated properly. It will boost the moral of those that are there to fight. So we have every reason to make sure that hospitals like this are properly provided for.”
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63