A statement by Mr Ibrahim Mohammed, Head, Corporate Affairs Unit, SMEDAN on Thursday in Abuja stated that Chima died in a medical facility in Abuja on Feb. 19, 2021 after a brief illness.
Chima, who hailed from Ebonyi state represented the South East Geo-Political Zone on the board, and was a former Commissioner for Information and State Orientation in the state.
In a condolence message to the family of the deceased, Dr Dikko Radda, Director-General of SMEDAN, described the death of the board member as a shock and a great loss to the agency.
He said the late Chima would be remembered for his services to the agency, particularly his passionate love for the development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in Nigeria.
He said Chima had within his stay projected the image of the agency very well.
“He will be remembered for his friendly dispositions and vibrant contributions during board meetings.
“I extend my deepest sympathies to the family and prayed for the repose of the deceased,” the director-general said.
Similarly, the Chairman of the Governing Board of SMEDAN, Otunba Femi Pedro, in a condolence message said he was heartbroken and saddened by the sudden demise of the board member.
He described him as a wonderful person with many memories of him making useful contributions towards the progress of the Agency and fighting for the welfare of the people of Ebonyi.
Pedro recalled that he was a truly extraordinary man, humorous, charming and widely admired and respected by all members of the Board.
“He will surely be missed, and will never be forgotten, may God grant him eternal rest,” he prayed.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note