The Sokoto Central Market was gutted by fire in the early hours of today January 19.
Eyewitnesses alleged that the fire which started around 7am and is still raging, was caused by a generating set.
It was further gathered that men of the federal and State fire services are currently working to extinguish the fire which has already destroyed many shops.
Watch the videos below…
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud