The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibarhim Sulu-Gambari, will clock 24 years on the throne on Monday 11, November 2019, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
This is contained in a statement signed on Wednesday by the Spokesperson to the Emir, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, noting that the coronation anniversary special prayer will come up at the Emir’s Palace, Ilorin by 10am.
According to the statement, “As the Emir of Ilorin, His Royal Highness, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, clocks 24 years on the throne as the 11th Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, special prayer has been organised to mark the event.
“The prayer will be led by the Chief Imam of Ilorin, Dr. Muhammad Bashir Soliu OON to be assisted by other Islamic clerics in the Ilorin Emirate. It is expected that all sons and daughters, friends and well-wishers of the ancient city will converge at the palace square to rejoice with the foremost traditional ruler.”
It would be recalled that Alhaji Sulu-Gambari was turbaned and installed as the 11th Emir of Ilorin on 11th November 1995 by the then Military Administrator of Kwara State, Group Capt. Baba Adamu Iyam.
The Ilorin Emirate and Kwara State at large has continued to witness significant growth and development since the enthrone of the monarch, a highly respected Justice of the Court of Appeal.
- (SEE FULL DETAILS) Kwara commissioners and their portfolios
- BREAKING… Party loyalists storm Ilorin as Gov. Abdulrazaq swears-in 16 commissioners, 4 SAs, others
- 100 Ekiti women benefit from NITDA ICT training
- UNILORIN don reveals how theatre art can contribute to national devt.
- Man grusomely murdered in Ilorin by unknown assailants (PHOTOS)
- Sowore: Senate probes alleged court invasion by DSS operatives
- 2020: Senate considers N232.8bn budget for FCT
- Senate moves to end discrimination against women Police
- 24yr-old acclaimed husband arraigned in court over alleged marriage without consent
- Nigeria to begin free visa entry for Africans by 2020