Super Eagles striker, Paul Onuachu, has won the Best Player and Golden Bull (highest scorer) awards in the Belgian Jupiler Pro League, after scoring 33 goals and providing three assists for KRC Genk who finished second on the log.
He won the prize on Monday night at the Belgian Pro League Awards traditional gala held at the JAM hotel in Brussels following a stunning 2020/2021 campaign in which the 26-year-old scored the goals in 38 league matches and play-offs.
“Paul Onuachu can call himself the Professional Footballer of the Jupiler Pro League for a year,” the league wrote on its website.
“The KRC Genk striker was voted as the best player of the past season by his colleagues. Onuachu scored 33 times last season, making it the player with the most goals behind his name.”
The striker beat Club Brugge’s Noa Lang and Beerschot’s forward Raphael Holzhauser to the award.
He is also in contention for the Ebony Shoe Award for the Best Player of African descent in the league where he will battle Congolese-born Belgian striker, Theo Batombo Bonganda; Angola’s Club Brugge defender, Clinton Mata; Anderlecht’s Anglo-Nigerian forward, Lukas Nmecha and Congolese-born Belgian star, Sambi Lokonga, who features for Anderlecht.
Onuachu, who formerly played for FC Midtjylland, netted 35 goals in 41 games across all competitions for the Denmark side.
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis