Gareth Southgate, the England’s head coach has decided to name the latest senior squad on Thursday towards the upcoming European Qualifiers match against Czech Republic and Bulgaria.
Tammy Abraham appears to be wanted by both England and Nigeria, although the Chelsea’s center forward has already played for England’s senior team in friendlies against Brazil and Germany in the year 2017, also he has played for the England’s youth team as well.
The striker can still play for the Nigerian team due to his Nigerian heritage which he is fully aware of.
“I love both nations,” Abraham said. “To be wanted by both nations, clearly I’m doing something right on the pitch for Chelsea. I just have to keep going. My time will come.
“I’m not sure, I haven’t made a decision yet. I’m just focusing on the club now.”
“I’ve grown up in an area with a lot of African culture and African background,” he said.
“Even in the changing room nowadays, we play Afrobeats and all sorts. So you’re fully aware that Nigeria is a massive country. It’s global.”
The Chelsea striker marked his 22nd birthday by scoring against Lille in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday, which was their first win in the competition this season. The goal was assisted by Fikayo Tomori who is also a potential player for both England and Nigerian.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo