Gareth Southgate, the England’s head coach has decided to name the latest senior squad on Thursday towards the upcoming European Qualifiers match against Czech Republic and Bulgaria.
Tammy Abraham appears to be wanted by both England and Nigeria, although the Chelsea’s center forward has already played for England’s senior team in friendlies against Brazil and Germany in the year 2017, also he has played for the England’s youth team as well.
The striker can still play for the Nigerian team due to his Nigerian heritage which he is fully aware of.
“I love both nations,” Abraham said. “To be wanted by both nations, clearly I’m doing something right on the pitch for Chelsea. I just have to keep going. My time will come.
“I’m not sure, I haven’t made a decision yet. I’m just focusing on the club now.”
“I’ve grown up in an area with a lot of African culture and African background,” he said.
“Even in the changing room nowadays, we play Afrobeats and all sorts. So you’re fully aware that Nigeria is a massive country. It’s global.”
The Chelsea striker marked his 22nd birthday by scoring against Lille in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday, which was their first win in the competition this season. The goal was assisted by Fikayo Tomori who is also a potential player for both England and Nigerian.
- BREAKING…. Electricity employees suspend strike action
- BREAKING…. At last, Kwara governor picks new date to swear-in commissioners
- FG urged to set up unemployment fund
- Senate seeks 20% from budget to fund constituency projects
- Senate probes PPPRA over N800bn roads maintenance fund
- Senate moves against illegal influx of foreign vessels
- Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Marwa bemoan prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others
- Senate escapes cracks, drops Confidence Vote on Lawan