The late prophet is the Founder of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) and popularly known as TB Joshua.
The Media Assistant to CAN President, Pastor Adebayo Oladeji, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos, urged people to occupy themselves with causes that could earn them eternal life.
Oladeji, while expressing condolences over the demise of the late televangelist; described his home calling as a reminder to all mortals that there is a time for everything.
He reminded Nigerians that God created man for nothing other than to worship Him, saying materialism and the quest for affluence seems to preoccupy peoples’ time other than things of salvation.
“A time to be born and a time to die. That’s what the Bible says.
“He has played his own role on this side of the Jordan and he has relocated, we should therefore be conscious of the fact that death is unavoidable. You can’t run away from it.
“When it is time, you go. The important thing is to sleep in the Lord. Those who lived as Christians will reign with Christ and those who do otherwise have to spend their eternity in the Lake of Fire.
“Our hearts go to the family and the church he left behind. May God console and comfort them in this trying time,” he said.
The spokesman, who also condemned spate of violence in the country; tasked citizens to place national interest above personal and ethnic interest for peace and development.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the popular Nigerian pastor died early Sunday, June 6, six days to his 58th birthday.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections