Yoruba Nation agitator, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, aka Sunday Igboho on Monday evening stormed Igangan in the Ibarapa North Local Government Area of Oyo state.
His visit, according to his spokesman Olayomi Koiki, was over weekend’s attacks by suspected herders in the village.
Gunmen had on Saturday invaded the community, leaving no fewer than 10 people dead, with several property burnt, including the traditional ruler’s palace.
Igboho in a video obtained by SaharaReporters got to the town on Monday in a convoy with many residents cheering.
During the visit, it was learnt Igboho also tried to comb the forests with his men in search of the killer herdsmen but was prevented by operatives of the Nigerian army who allegedly trailed his convoy immediately he got to the town.
The Yoruba agitator was later spotted waving to the people from a white Toyota Hilux while his supporters escorted him back into the town with their motorbikes.
Igboho, in January gave Fulani herders seven days to leave Igangan area, blaming them for the killings, kidnappings and other atrocities going on there.
The house of the Seriki Fulani of Igangan, Saliu Abdulkadir was burnt at the expiration of the ultimatum following which he fled the community.
Many residents of the area have described the recent attack by suspected Fulani herders as a reprisal for the eviction of the Fulani leader.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal