Tems wins Grammy award
Nigerian singer Temilade Openiyi, also known as Tems, has bagged her first Grammy award in the 2023 ‘Best Melodic Rap Performance’ category.
The Nigerian won the award for her vocal and writing contribution to the smashing hit ‘Wait For U’ by Future featuring Drake and herself, making it her first Grammy award win after four nominations.
Others nominated for the category won by Tems included DJ Khaled Featuring Future & SZA (Beautiful); Jack Harlow (First Class); Kendrick Lamar Featuring Blxst & Amanda Reifer (Die Hard) and Latto – Big Energy (Live).
Meanwhile, congratulatory messages poured for Tems on social media after the announcement.
@Shawnifee said: “Tems’ growth through the years has been mindblowing. Now she’s won a Grammy, becoming the first Nigerian female act to win the Award. Big Tems herself!”
@Afrospecials said: RECORD BREAKER: “Tems’ Grammy Award tonight makes her the first female Nigerian artiste to bag a Grammy. Big Tems for a reason.”
Another fan wrote: “Tems with her first Grammy win at the main categoriesHer growth is just too amazing. Big Tems for a reason! For the culture baby. Love you big.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents