By Arowona Abdulazeez
No fewer than three people sustained minor injuries on Friday when a section of a four-storey building undergoing construction collapsed in Ilorin the Kwara state capital.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the restructuring was being done to conform with the observation and advise of the state’s Town Planning Authority.
It was learnt that the incident occurred at about 10am along Sulu Gambari road in the state capital. Those injured were said to be working on the site when the incident happened and have been taken to hospital.
Further checks revealed that the Town Planning Authority had earlier advised the owners of the building to restructure the project and that they were carrying out the counsel when the section collapsed. However, there was no official confirmation of this claim as at press time.
“We thank God that it was not a very serious problem and there was no casualty”, a man at the site said.
The spokesman of the state police command, Ajayi Okasanmi, who confirmed the incident however. said that no life was lost.
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks